9 practical tips for distance learning in preschools
Teaching methods for in-class and distance learning should offer the children opportunities to learn all the same things, only now the teaching methods need to be rethought. Well planned and organized daily activities used in-class or shared by the teachers in distance learning maintain the structure and bring routine for the child's day.
Even if learning doesn't happen in a classroom, activities should be inspiring, age-appropriate, and suitably challenging. Easier said than done, right? Not necessarily.
Here are 9 practical distance learning tips for preschools
- Plan the distance learning with pedagogical activities that link to the curriculum objectives.
- Use technology to stay connected with the families.
- Support collaboration between educators, children, and parents.
- Provide well thought, age-appropriate activities in a daily sequence.
- Support the children's learning in real time with 30-minute live session at a specific time during which parents are asked to be present or nearby.
- Document learning.
- Make observations of children's learning and link them to the preinstalled curriculum objectives to strengthen children's learning journey
- Compile and share the children's e-portfolios to keep parents engaged and motivated
- Collect learning statistics to develop teaching and learning further
Tools you need:
Kindiedays Pedagogical Management Solution
Kindiedays Pedagogical Management Solution for childcare centers supports a new way of working between educators, children, and families and increases parent confidence in their child's education. Improve children'slearning progress by following the curriculum of your choice, documenting the children's learning moments, collecting automatic reports about learning progress and exporting authentic learning portfolios. Kindiedays flexibly supports in-class and distance learning.
Kindiedays offers a free 2 month trial of the Pedagogical Management solution.
✅ Start your trial and engage children in learning - remotely!
Content you need:
Huippu Education lesson plan package
Huippu Education's lesson plan package contains 25 different fun, engaging lesson plans for children between 3-6 years. The lesson plans are themed around space and support especially learning natural sciences. Buy the lesson plan package from our online shop for only 79€.
✅ Buy lesson plan package
Do you need assistance on how to run a pedagogically well-planned distance learning program in your preschool? Contact us, we are here to help.
Written by Huippu Education
News, insights and thoughts on education and pedagogy.